Who We Are
The College Core Tutor Program is a comprehensive peer-based tutoring program designed to provide one-on-one assistance and small group support to undergraduate students in scientific and quantitative subjects, including chemistry, economics, mathematics, statistics, computer science, physics, and biology. Our tutors are graduate students—most of them former Teaching Assistants in the Core science courses—or upperclassmen in the College with exceptional academic records.
Features of the Program:
- The Program runs exclusively as a drop-in service. No appointments are necessary.
- Tutors are available Sundays through Thursdays between 7 p.m. and 11 p.m. Students are welcome to visit a tutor as often as they need assistance. The program starts in 2nd week and runs through Final Exam week.
- Tutors can assist in two ways: they will explain conceptual material and will demonstrate how to solve problems. They will not, however, help you to complete your problem sets.
- Tutors are expected to help with the priority courses in each subject. During periods of low demand, they will help with advanced courses.
- WINTER '19: Group sessions once a week to reinforce concepts from Econ 201 and 20110.
When and where?
Tutors are available on the 3rd floor of Harper/Stuart. Tutoring is not available when the Center is closed in observance of University holidays and breaks. Tutoring is not available during the Summer.
Econ Group meetings :
- 7-8pm Econ 20110 Office Hours
- 8-10pm ECON 20100 Group Session SHFE 146
- 10-11pm ECON 20100 Office Hours SHFE 146
If you have any comments, questions, suggestions, or complaints concerning the College Core Tutoring Program, please email Brent Fergusson at email@example.com. We take feedback very seriously and will reply as quickly as possible.